We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 (about 2 dozen)
- CHILL TIME
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Sure, shortbread cookies are traditionally a Christmas cookie, but our quick and easy recipe for these timeless favorites are great all year! We can't get enough of them in the Test Kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt; mix well until a dough forms. Roll into a ball and return to bowl; cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 10- x 6-inch rectangle. Cut into 1 - x 3-inch pieces and place on ungreased rimmed baking sheets. Sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden. Remove to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
You can drizzle these with some melted chocolate for a little variety!
- Want to find even more fantastic cookie recipes like this one? Check out our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 66
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 0.7g 1 %
- Cholesterol 10mg 3 %
- Sodium 46mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 7.1g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the perfect potato casserole for any occasion. It's just as good with your weeknight dinner as it is served for a company-fancy meal. Our Anytime Potatoes are creamy, dreamy, and easy to throw-together. And the crispy topping makes them extra-special!