Snowflake Tea Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 dozen
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Turn tea time into a winter affair with our recipe for Snowflake Tea Cookies! These crisp, buttery cookies go great with a hot cup of tea, and will fancy up any holiday cookie platter.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup jam or preserves
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, milk, egg, vanilla, and salt until creamy. Gradually add flour, beating until well mixed. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate dough into four pieces then roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut into 2-inch circles. Using a plastic drinking straw, randomly cut out circles of dough from half the cookies. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread jam evenly over solid cookies. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over cookies with holes. Assemble tea cookies by placing the cookies with holes over the jam-topped cookies. Serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Any flavor of jam can be used, but we like to use an assortment so different colors peek through the holes in the cookies.
- Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!