Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 42 (3 1/2 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
When a regular chocolate chip cookie won't cut it, reach for one of our Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Cookies. These cookies are perfect for dunking in a tall glass of milk.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, sugars, and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in egg, then gradually add flour mixture, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts with a wooden spoon; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Calories 136
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.8g 2 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 80mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a no-bake homemade dessert that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer weather months? Then have to try our Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Not only will this fresh-tasting dessert keep your kitchen cool, but it's got some supermarket-shortcuts to make it less hassle too!