Ginger Ornament Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except remaining sugar; mix well. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined. Form the dough into two balls; cover and chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove one dough ball at a time from the refrigerator. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using your favorite cookie cutters or a knife, cut into shapes and place carefully on ungreased baking sheets. Using a straw, make a whole near the top of each cookie (for threading with ribbon later).
- Sprinkle the cookies with the remaining sugar and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).