We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
We grew up enjoying a store-bought version of these, but now we can make them right in our own kitchens for about half as much money. And don't worry - the only place these will melt is in your mouth.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25 ounces) box chocolate cake mix, mixed according to the package directions
- 1 (16 ounces) can ready-to-spread white frosting
- 4 cups shredded coconut
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill 24 muffin cups that have been coated with cooking spray about half-full with batter.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool 10 minutes, then remove from baking tins and place on cooling racks.
- Freeze cupcakes for 2 hours, until firm. Remove from freezer and frost top and sides of each cupcake. Sprinkle generously with shredded coconut, completely covering frosting.
These cupcakes can be made in advance and kept frozen in an airtight container until they're needed. Then, just frost, top with the coconut, and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.