Ghoulishly Good Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With a box of cake mix, a few special ingredients, and some festive toppers you can easily create these Ghoulishly Good Cupcakes that are perfect for a Halloween party.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 drops orange food color, divided
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) can white frosting
- Orange sprinkles for garnish
- 24 Halloween decorative candies
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth. Add 4 drops of food color and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with cake batter. Drop a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in center of batter in each cup.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine frosting and 6 drops of food color; mix until thoroughly combined. Frost cupcakes with orange frosting, then decorate with sprinkles and candies.
Add to the fun by using Halloween-themed paper liners!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.