Amish Breakfast Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy breakfast recipe is big enough to feed the whole family, and then some! This recipe for Amish Breakfast Casserole is our version of an Amish family-favorite. It's got everything your family needs to make the day a good one!
What You'll Need
- 2 (7-ounce) packages fully cooked sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (2-pound) bag frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in sausage mixture. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set and golden. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Did You Know?
The Amish generally only eat foods produced in their gardens or from their own farms. Many of their recipes also tie into long-standing family traditions. That's why we think this tried-and-true version of our Amish Breakfast Casserole will take you back to a simpler time.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 336
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 22g 44 %
- Cholesterol 160mg 53 %
- Sodium 472mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 1.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!