We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When crackers are soaked in an egg mixture and then cooked, they take on a rather fluffy consistency that makes for a surprisingly pleasant omelet. Our Cracker Omelet has all that great egg-y flavor, with a touch more puffiness. It's a must try!
What You'll Need
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 22 saltine crackers, coarsely broken
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Add crackers and allow to soak 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add egg and cracker mixture. As mixture begins to set, push it slightly toward center so that liquid runs to the edges of skillet. Allow omelet to cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly brown on bottom.
- Slide omelet out of pan onto a large plate. Invert skillet over the omelet on plate and turn whole omelet over so that the uncooked side is face-down in skillet. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until center is set and inside is firm.
Serve with strawberry preserves or maple syrup.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.