We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's something crazy-good about this omelet, which is exactly why we call it our Crazy-Good Omelet. How can you miss when you use freshly beaten eggs, flavorful turkey breakfast sausage, roasted red peppers, spinach, and lots of feta cheese? Serve it up with some home fries (use easy, frozen diced potatoes!) and you're set for the ultimate breakfast.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 frozen or refrigerated turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red bell pepper, drained
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Add spinach and red bell pepper and saute for 1 minute or until spinach starts to wilt. Remove mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Coat the skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add eggs and sprinkle with salt. With a rubber spatula, gently stir, pushing the cooked portion of the eggs to the center of the pan. When the eggs firm up and are no longer liquidy, top with the sausage mixture and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- To serve, slide the omelet out of the pan onto a platter, folding the omelet in half (the half without the filling) over the filling.