Tangy Pickled Eggs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
These are a real Southern specialty, and if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few simple steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!
What You'll Need
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place eggs in a large saucepan with enough water to cover them; bring to boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit 20 minutes. Drain hot water then run cold water over eggs. Let eggs cool 5 to 10 minutes, then peel. Place in a large canning jar or bowl and set aside.
- In large saucepan over high heat, combine remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Allow to cool slightly then carefully pour mixture over eggs. Cover and chill overnight before serving.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Covered tightly, these should keep in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- To make these Amish-style, add 1/2 cup beet juice in place of the 1/2 cup water called for in the recipe. You can also add some sliced or whole canned beets if you want!
- We've got more Southern recipes for you! Like these Sensational Southern Casserole Recipes we know you'll love.
- If you enjoy old-fashioned recipes, like our Tangy Pickled Eggs, then you're going to love this collection of Old-Fashioned Dinner Recipes, Dessert Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!