Tangy Pickled Eggs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
These are a real Southern specialty, and if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few simple steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!
What You'll Need
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place eggs in a large saucepan with enough water to cover them; bring to boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit 20 minutes. Drain hot water then run cold water over eggs. Let eggs cool 5 to 10 minutes, then peel. Place in a large canning jar or bowl and set aside.
- In large saucepan over high heat, combine remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Allow to cool slightly then carefully pour mixture over eggs. Cover and chill overnight before serving.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Covered tightly, these should keep in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- To make these Amish-style, add 1/2 cup beet juice in place of the 1/2 cup water called for in the recipe. You can also add some sliced or whole canned beets if you want!
- We've got more Southern recipes for you! Like these Sensational Southern Casserole Recipes we know you'll love.
- If you enjoy old-fashioned recipes, like our Tangy Pickled Eggs, then you're going to love this collection of Old-Fashioned Dinner Recipes, Dessert Recipes, and More.