We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think quiche is difficult to make, you'd better think again. This throw-together version is best when made ahead and warmed right before serving.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses; sprinkle half of the cheese mixture into the pie shell. Sprinkle with spinach then the remaining cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, onion powder, and pepper; beat until thoroughly blended. Pour over the cheese then sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Go ahead -- mix and match your favorite cheeses in here. This is even a great recipe for using up bits of different leftover cheeses. And it's also a great make-ahead recipe, since it reheats well just before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!