We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think quiche is difficult to make, you'd better think again. This throw-together version is best when made ahead and warmed right before serving.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses; sprinkle half of the cheese mixture into the pie shell. Sprinkle with spinach then the remaining cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, onion powder, and pepper; beat until thoroughly blended. Pour over the cheese then sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Go ahead -- mix and match your favorite cheeses in here. This is even a great recipe for using up bits of different leftover cheeses. And it's also a great make-ahead recipe, since it reheats well just before serving.