We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think quiche is difficult to make, you'd better think again. This throw-together version is best when made ahead and warmed right before serving.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses; sprinkle half of the cheese mixture into the pie shell. Sprinkle with spinach then the remaining cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, onion powder, and pepper; beat until thoroughly blended. Pour over the cheese then sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Go ahead -- mix and match your favorite cheeses in here. This is even a great recipe for using up bits of different leftover cheeses. And it's also a great make-ahead recipe, since it reheats well just before serving.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Quick! - Check the pantry and the fridge and grab whatever you've got on hand, 'cause you're going to need it to make a throw-together Garbage Pasta Salad that's potluck-worthy! This is one easy pasta salad that won't ever make it to the garbage.