We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got an easy-to-put-together seafood recipe you're going to want to make all the time! Our Fish-Fry Sandwiches allow you to choose the white fish of your choice, so you can pick out your favorite or choose based on specials at your local fish market. Plus, if you've got some leftover hot dog buns from your weekend barbecue, you can use the leftovers to make this great sandwich, so you're not letting any food go to waste.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flavored dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 pound fresh or frozen white-fleshed fish fillets, such as cod, haddock, or whiting, thawed if frozen, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 hot dog buns, split
What to Do
- Place the flour, beaten eggs, and bread crumbs each in a separate shallow dish.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Coat the fish evenly with the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs. Fry in the hot oil for about 4 to 6 minutes until golden brown on both sides and the fish flakes easily with a fork, turning about halfway through the frying.
- The cooking time may vary depending upon the thickness of the fillets. Drain on paper towels and serve on the buns.
Gallagher's Fish Fry used to serve these a red chili sauce that gave them a real zing. Today when we make them at home, my family enjoys them with Tartar Sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 674
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 40g 61 %
- Saturated Fat 6.6g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 30g 59 %
- Cholesterol 156mg 52 %
- Sodium 889mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 4.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!