Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Supreme
- 10 Min
You know the expression "Save the best for last"? Well, here's our interpretation. All we've got to do for a first-rate dessert recipe is to combine these ready-made staples to form a super dessert! Wanna know the best part? These shortcuts will give you a great dessert recipe without the effort. It's as easy as 1-2-3!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1/2- gallon) block chocolate ice cream (not a round tub)
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (21-ounce) container cherry pie filling, drained
- 1 (3-ounce) package ladyfingers, each split in half
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Remove block of ice cream from package by cutting open container and place on a serving platter, then spread whipped topping evenly around sides.
- Spread drained cherry pie filling over top of block, then stand ladyfingers against whipped topping, lining outside of ice cream block.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips and serve, or cover lightly and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Draining the pie filling gives us more fruit with just a little of the gel so our dessert is extra fruity. To fancy it up, a tube of decorating gel will help turn this ice cream cake into a personalized birthday or anniversary cake.
Read NextFamily-Style Ice Cream Trifle