Watermelon Ice Cream Bombe
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
You'll think it's a slice of watermelon but it's not! Our eye-catching recipe for Watermelon Ice Cream Bombe is an ice cream novelty that will have everyone doing a double-take!
What You'll Need
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 3 pints raspberry sherbet, softened
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 drops green food color
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Line an 8-cup mold or mixing bowl with aluminum foil. Working quickly, spread the vanilla ice cream 1 inch thick over the bottom and sides of the mold. (It will probably slide down the sides a bit.) Immediately place in the freezer for about 1 hour, until the ice cream is somewhat hard but not frozen solid.
- Remove from the freezer and spread the ice cream up to the top of the mold then return it to the freezer for about 1 hour, or until firm.
- Place raspberry sherbet in a medium bowl and add chocolate chips; blend until evenly mixed. Place in ice cream-lined mold, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze overnight, or until completely hard.
- When ready to serve, in a small bowl, mix green food color with whipped topping until evenly blended.
- Remove ice cream mold from freezer, remove plastic wrap, and invert onto a platter larger than the mold. Remove mold and peel off foil. Spread whipped topping evenly over ice cream and serve immediately, or freeze until topping is firm then cover and keep frozen until ready to serve. Slice into wedges, just like fresh watermelon.
Read NextFrozen Peanut Butter Squares