We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of the easiest ways to get the kids to eat their fruits and veggies is to disguise them ways they never expect. Maybe sprinkling veggies on top of pizza and covering them with cheese. Or how about smothering good-for-us bananas in molten chocolate and coconut, then serving them frozen? What a sweet disguise.
What You'll Need
- 3 bananas, peeled and cut crosswise in half
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Insert a wooden craft stick or skewer through the cut end of each banana half.
- Place the toasted coconut in a shallow dish. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave 60 to 90 seconds or until smooth. Spoon chocolate over bananas, covering them completely, then roll in toasted coconut, coating completely.
- Place on the baking sheet and freeze 20 minutes. Serve, or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip:
- Not a coconut lover? Feel free to use nuts, colored sprinkles, or miniature candies in place of the coconut to create your own special toppings!
- If you're looking for more easy banana desserts, you're in luck! Try our Easiest Banana Cake, or our Banana-Chocolate Chip Biscotti! How about a flavor combination that can't be beat in our Blueberry Banana Bread?
- When the sun is out, it's nice to have something sweet to help cool you off. Be sure to try our Dream Orange Ice Pops, our Watermelon Popsicles, or any of our Fabulously Easy Freezer Cakes to do just that!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!