Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy do-it-yourself version of cookies and ice cream sandwiches makes any store-bought ice cream novelty pale in comparison! Our homemade recipe for Ice Cream Sandwiches is a load of fun to make and heavenly to eat!
What You'll Need
- 6 whole graham crackers
- 6 scoops vanilla or favorite flavor ice cream, softened
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Assorted cookie decorating sprinkles
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap. Break graham crackers in half, making 12 squares. Place a scoop of softened ice cream on 6 squares and place remaining 6 squares on top, pressing down firmly. Place sandwiches in freezer until firm.
- Place semisweet and white chips in separate microwave-safe bowls. Add 1 tablespoon oil to each bowl then microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring well until melted and smooth.
- Dip each ice cream sandwich halfway into melted chocolate (3 sandwiches in semisweet chocolate and the other 3 in white chocolate). Immediately decorate with sprinkles and place on the baking sheet. Return sandwiches to freezer until chocolate hardens, then enjoy immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
These should stay crisp for up to 2 days; after that, the graham crackers will soften but they'll taste just as good.
Recipe courtesy of and adapted from Edy's Grand Ice Cream
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 694
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 38g 58 %
- Saturated Fat 23g 115 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.9g 12 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 223mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 86g 29 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 69g 0 %