We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Imagine yourself strolling down the streets of Italy on a warm summer day. A couple slurps of Lemon Ice will make you think you're really there!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (juice of about 6 lemons) (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring water, sugar, and lemon peel to a boil over high heat. Add lemon juice, reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes. Pour into a 2-quart baking dish and let cool at room temperature.
- Cover and freeze for 2 to 3 hours, or until liquid has frozen 1 inch in from sides. Remove from freezer and mix well, being sure to blend the ice crystals with the remaining liquid.
- Place in an airtight container, seal, and freeze for 6 to 8 hours, or until firm.
Makes about 1-1/2 quarts Lemon Ice.
It's really best to use fresh-squeezed lemon juice for Lemon Ice. Of course, you may want to strain it first to remove any seeds.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!