Fried Ice Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time to break out the deep-fryer -- for Fried Ice Cream, that is! Balls of ice cream are rolled in a corn flake coating, re-frozen, and then quickly fried to a creamy, crunchy perfection.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 gallon ice cream
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) water
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups corn flakes or frosted corn flakes cereal
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 gallon cooking oil
- SUGGESTED GARNISHES
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Use ice cream scoop and dip out several level scoops. Place on large tray, cover with waxed paper, and place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Combine water and eggs in large bowl to make an egg wash. Place corn flakes, cinnamon, and sugar in a plastic resealable bag, and crush corn flakes until no large pieces remain. Place corn flake mixture in medium-size bowl. Working quickly, remove ice cream balls from freezer and place in corn flake mixture. Coat completely, pressing corn flakes into ice cream ball. Roll ice cream ball in egg wash and coat completely. Finally, return ice cream ball to corn flake mixture and coat completely, pressing corn flakes into ball lightly. Place on large tray, cover, and return to freezer for 2 hours.
- Fill fryer with oil. Heat to 375 degrees F; this will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes. When oil has reached 375 degrees F, remove ice cream balls from freezer. Working quickly drop ice cream balls one at a time into oil, and cook for approximately 15 seconds, until golden brown. Remove and drain quickly on paper towels. Return fried ice cream ball to the freezer as you continue to fry additional balls.
- Remove from freezer and serve with your favorite toppings or freeze for later.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.