We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make this dessert up to a month ahead, freeze it, and relax! Your special dessert's done-what could be simpler?
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (12-ounce) jar apricot preserves
What to Do
- Combine almonds, butter, vanilla wafer crumbs, and almond extract; press 1/3 mixture into a greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Spread half the ice cream over crumb layer. Repeat layers once, and top with preserves. Press remaining crumb mixture on top. Cover and freeze 8 hours or up to 1 month. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.