Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Asian Watermelon Skewers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let these Asian Watermelon Skewers be the spotlight of your next tasty gathering. Every tasty bite is a refreshing blast of flavorful watermelon and a mouthwatering sweet Asian-style glaze.
What You'll Need
- 12 watermelon balls (use a melon baller)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry wine
- 1/3 cup hot water
What to Do
- Place watermelon balls on 2 (10-inch) skewers then roll in confectioners' sugar; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix granulated sugar, oyster sauce, sherry wine, and hot water until sugar dissolves; pour over watermelon, and serve.
Serve on a platter as an appetizer, side dish or snack, or use as a garnish for your Asian dishes.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.