Microwave Stuffed "Baked" Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let your microwave cut the baking time short for an autumn favorite: Baked apples! Your kitchen will stay cool and, whether you're serving them for a snack or even a novel breakfast idea, these gems will be ready in minutes!
What You'll Need
- 2 Red Delicious or McIntosh apples, peeled halfway from top and cored
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola cereal
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Place apples in a 1-quart microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap, loosening one corner to vent. Microwave on high 2 minutes.
- Combine cereal, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stuff into cored apple cavities, filling to the top. Cover with plastic wrap, loosening one corner to vent. Microwave on high 2 minutes, or until apples are soft. Let sit 2 to 3 minutes before serving then drizzle with honey.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.