Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Chocolate Almond Caramel Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These festival favorites are a cinch to make yourself! Our luscious homemade gooey caramel apples with a hint of almond crunch and the sweet surprise of chocolate will be an instant hit!
What You'll Need
- 4 large Red Delicious apples, washed and dried
- 1 (14-ounce) package vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 wooden craft sticks
What to Do
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper and coat with cooking spray. Insert a wooden craft stick into the stem end of each apple.
- In a medium saucepan, combine caramels and water over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and spoon over apples, coating completely. Place coated apples on baking sheet and chill 1 hour.
- In another medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Drizzle over caramel apples and sprinkle with nuts. Return to baking sheet and chill 30 minutes, or until set.
Fancy It Up:
Make these caramel apples your own by covering with your favorite type of chocolate – white, milk, or semisweet, or even using more than one type. And sprinkle with your favorite nuts, sprinkles, or crushed candy. One of our favorites is covered with white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.