Hot Hawaiian Pineapple Slices
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's something about heat that brings out the sweetness in fruit. And if we add a little extra zing, pineapple can really satisfy the biggest sweet tooth!
What You'll Need
- 10 maraschino cherries (from a 16-ounce jar), drained, with 1 cup juice reserved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and slices into 1/2-inch rounds
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the cherry juice (should be about 1 cup), orange juice, and brown sugar; mix well. Add the pineapple slices, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the pineapple for 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly softened, turning halfway through the cooking.
- Serve the pineapple slices garnished with the cherries.
Makes 8 to 10 slices.
This makes a great light dessert, and it's also a perfect "go-along" for poultry or pork.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With fresh ingredients, and nothing but organic spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!