Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Hot Hawaiian Pineapple Slices
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's something about heat that brings out the sweetness in fruit. And if we add a little extra zing, pineapple can really satisfy the biggest sweet tooth!
What You'll Need
- 10 maraschino cherries (from a 16-ounce jar), drained, with 1 cup juice reserved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and slices into 1/2-inch rounds
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the cherry juice (should be about 1 cup), orange juice, and brown sugar; mix well. Add the pineapple slices, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the pineapple for 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly softened, turning halfway through the cooking.
- Serve the pineapple slices garnished with the cherries.
Makes 8 to 10 slices.
This makes a great light dessert, and it's also a perfect "go-along" for poultry or pork.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.