Pineapple and Banana-Rum Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 1/2 Cups
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
Try this fruity salsa over your next batch of homemade waffles for a fresh alternative to syrup. It's also a tasty topping for pound cake or angel food cake.
What You'll Need
- 2 medium-sized firm bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 (8-ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler. Place banana halves and pineapple chunks on a lightly greased baking sheet; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil 5-1/2-inches from heat 3 minutes or until sugar is bubbly. Let cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop bananas. Combine bananas, pineapple, butter, cinnamon, rum, and vanilla in a large bowl; gently toss to combine. Serve warm over ice cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.