Pineapple and Banana-Rum Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 1/2 Cups
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
Try this fruity salsa over your next batch of homemade waffles for a fresh alternative to syrup. It's also a tasty topping for pound cake or angel food cake.
What You'll Need
- 2 medium-sized firm bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 (8-ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler. Place banana halves and pineapple chunks on a lightly greased baking sheet; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil 5-1/2-inches from heat 3 minutes or until sugar is bubbly. Let cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop bananas. Combine bananas, pineapple, butter, cinnamon, rum, and vanilla in a large bowl; gently toss to combine. Serve warm over ice cream.