We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is the perfect portable salad, especially when it's paired with this creamy, homemade dill dressing. Bring it to your next get-together and your no-plate salad will be the most talked about recipe. Salad Skewers are easy to assemble and even easier to eat!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 medium head iceberg lettuce, cut into 12 chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 12 chunks
- 1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, cut into 12 chunks
- 1 small cucumber, cut into 12 chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- DILL DRESSING
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- On each skewer, thread one chunk each of lettuce, onion, bell pepper, and cucumber, and 1 tomato. Place on a serving tray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all Dill Dressing ingredients; mix well. If serving immediately, drizzle over skewers, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
You can substitute almost any of your favorite vegetables for those listed, including broccoli and cauliflower florets, radishes, carrots, and bell peppers in other colors.