Tossed Garden Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
During World War II, many Americans who didn't ordinarily grow their own produce planted small kitchen gardens to produce their own vegetables. This fresh veggie salad can remind us of these victory gardens...and, no, you don't have to make it with home-grown vegetables - unless you have them on hand!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed, cooked, and chilled
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large tomato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
What to Do
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, dill, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl; toss lightly.
- Drizzle with the oil and vinegar dressing and serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our bakery-style Italian Cream Cake recipe may be a cake mix recipe, but it ends up with layer upon layer of a to-die-for from-scratch taste that'll make you feel like a star baker. You're gonna love how easy it is to make this Italian Cream Cake recipe!