Two Hearts Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I've coupled hearts of palm and romaine to make this winning salad combo for two! Of course, it's so good that you may want to serve it to company sometime. (It's still easy - even when you're doubling the recipe.)
What You'll Need
- 1 can (14 ounces) hearts of palm, drained and sliced 1/2 inch thick (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Heart of romaine lettuce, cut in half (see Note)
- 2 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the hearts of palm, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and garlic; mix well.
- Place each half of the romaine heart on an individual serving plate. Divide the hearts of palm mixture equally over the romaine and top with the cherry tomatoes.
- Serve, or chill until ready to serve.
When you're chopping the hearts of palm, make sure to separate the rings of the palm after slicing and before combining with the other ingredients. What are hearts of romaine, you're wondering? They're the lighter green inside romaine leaves that are the most tender and crisp. Many produce counters now sell them cleaned, packaged, and ready to go, but you can separate them yourself by removing the dark green outside romaine leaves; reserve those for another use.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.