Christmas Morning Cinnamon Bun Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Picture it now: you're waking up on Christmas morning, still in your pajamas, and start the coffee before anyone else is awake. You want to make the perfect Christmas breakfast recipe for your family. That's when you throw together this easy peasy Christmas Morning Cinnamon Bun Pie. You know it'll be a big hit all around.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) butter, melted and divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (7 1/2 ounces) refrigerated flaky biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate with 2 tablespoons melted butter; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle 1/4 of the walnut mixture over the bottom of the pie plate. Place the remaining melted butter in a small bowl.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 layers. Dip the biscuit pieces one at a time in the melted butter, making sure to coat each thoroughly.
- Layer 8 biscuit pieces in the bottom of the pie plate, completely covering the walnut mixture. Repeat the layers an additional 2 times. Top with the remaining walnut mixture and drizzle with any leftover melted butter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden and cooked through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cinnamon bun pie, then slice into wedges. Serve warm.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Blueberry and Orange Yogurt Parfaits
Fried Cornmeal Mush
Strawberry and Cream Roll Ups
Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
Breakfast Monkey Bread
Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
Breakfast Pita Pockets
Cheesy Broccoli Tart
Breakfast English Muffin Melt