Wake Up Air Fryer Avocado Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We created the original version of this recipe for the crew of the USS Cole, when we served them breakfast on the deck of their ship. What an experience-one that all of us in the Test Kitchen will never forget! And although we didn't make theirs in an air fryer (can you imagine how many air fryers we would've needed?), this version ranks just as high. Now, you can make these sea worthy Wake Up Air Fryer Avocado Boats at home with your own air fryer!
What You'll Need
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs (medium or large recommended)
What to Do
- Using a spoon, scoop the avocado pulp out of the skin, keeping shell intact. Dice avocado and place in a medium bowl. Toss with tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno (if desired), lime juice, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate avocado mixture until ready to use.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- To ensure that avocado shells don't rock while cooking, place them on a foil ring. To make them, simply roll two 3-inch-wide strip of aluminum foil into rope shapes and form each one into a 3-inch circle. Place each avocado shell on a foil ring in air fryer basket. Break 1 egg into each avocado shell and air-fry 5 to 7 minutes or until desired doneness (We like it when the yolk is a bit runny, but that's up to you!).
- Remove from basket; top with avocado salsa, and serve.
Check This Out!
- Don't have an air fryer? No worries, you can make the original version of our Avocado Breakfast Boats!
- Looking for more easy breakfast recipes? Try our All-in-One Sheet Pan Eggs, our Farmer's Breakfast Bake, or our Banana Pancakes with Golden Banana Syrup!
- If you can't get enough avocado, try our Chicken Avocado Melt, our Chunky Guacamole, and our Crispy Avocado Wedges.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!