Banana Split Waffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Waffles furnish a crispy base for this breakfast-turned-dessert. Our Banana Split Waffles are a great way to start or end your day when you're feeling like something fun and sweet. This is a fantastically fruity twist on traditional banana split recipes and we're excited to share it with you! Feel free to substitute chopped maraschino cherries or sliced strawberries for the pineapple if you'd like, or just try all three. We did!
What You'll Need
- 4 frozen waffles
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple, drained well
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge topping for drizzling
- Whipped cream for garnish
- 4 maraschino cherries
What to Do
- Toast waffles in your toaster or toaster oven. When toasted, place one waffle on a dessert plate and top with a ½ cup scoop of ice cream.
- Top each waffle with ¼ of the banana slices, pineapple, and chocolate syrup. If you are using hot fudge, warm it in the microwave in 15 second intervals until warm, stirring occasionally. Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Check This Out!
- Here in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen, we're crazy about bananas! If you feel the same, we recommend checking out some of our crazy-good banana recipes, like our "Banana Bread" Bread Pudding, or our delicious Diner-Style Banana Cream Pie!
- Editor's Pick: This Chocolate-Topped Banana Cake was voted, hands down, our best banana recipe by one of our favorite editors. She asks us to make it every year on her birthday, and she knows you'll love it too.
- Maybe it was the waffles in this recipe that stole your heart. If so, get ready for our Belgian Berry Waffles! They're a fruity, fun, flavorful way to have breakfast. For those of you who are looking for something heartier, try our Shortcut Chicken & Waffles.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!