Apple Cookie Cobbler
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!
What You'll Need
- 8 cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (7.5-ounce) package coarsely crushed chocolate caramel coconut cookies (15 cookies)
- Ice cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Lay apple slices in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples, tossing gently to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cookies. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
- Cooking apples work best in pies and cobblers like this. Pick from the following varieties at the market produce counter: Granny Smith, McIntosh, Rome Beauty, Stayman, Winesap, or York Imperial.
- This Apple Cookie Cobbler was created to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouts cookies. We used Samoas® in our original version.
- We've served up our cobbler in one of our new 9 x 13 baking dishes, available in three different colors. If you'd like some of these for your own kitchen, be sure to visit our shop!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!