The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Southern Peach Fritters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
When peach season rolls around we like to take those fresh and juicy sweet peaches, and use them to make our Southern Peach Fritters. This recipe is so good, we bet every Southern grannie would approve!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches (about 3 peaches)
- Coarse sugar for rolling
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Add eggs, milk, and butter; whisk until smooth. Fold in peaches.
- Gently place a heaping tablespoon of batter into hot oil; repeat until all batter is used, making sure not to overcrowd fritters.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked in center, turning over during cooking. With a slotted spoon, remove fritters to a paper towel-lined platter.
- Place coarse sugar in bowl, and roll fritters until evenly coated. Serve warm.
Aug 30, 2017
I have had a couple of different variations of homemade apple fritters before, and loved them every time. So I gave these a try. Fresh peaches are one of my favorite late summer treats, so I think I like these even more! Forget about those store bought donuts that have been sitting around for a while, and give these fritters a try! You'll be so glad you did!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing like homemade pierogies! With a flavor-packed potato filling, tender homemade dough, and sweet caramelized onions, it's no wonder why this Polish recipe has become so popular throughout the world. Once you try our Old-Fashioned Pierogies, we're sure you'll fall in love!