Southern Peach Fritters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When peach season rolls around we like to take those fresh and juicy sweet peaches, and use them to make our Southern Peach Fritters. This recipe is so good, we bet every Southern grannie would approve!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches (about 3 peaches)
- Coarse sugar for rolling
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Add eggs, milk, and butter; whisk until smooth. Fold in peaches.
- Gently place a heaping tablespoon of batter into hot oil; repeat until all batter is used, making sure not to overcrowd fritters.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked in center, turning over during cooking. With a slotted spoon, remove fritters to a paper towel-lined platter.
- Place coarse sugar in bowl, and roll fritters until evenly coated. Serve warm.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!