We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Hummingbird Muffins are a modern day version of the 1950's-style Hummingbird Cake that we all love. They start out with a cake-mix (making them super easy!) and are filled with delicious nuts, cinnamon, and fruit.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, cut up
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained, divided
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, pineapple, eggs, and cinnamon. Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to make 1/2 cup; add it to bowl then beat with an electric mixer until mixture is thoroughly combined.
Stir in banana, 1/2 cup walnuts, and 1/4 cup cherries; mix well then pour into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and cherries.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from muffin cups. Let cool completely.
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
- Want even more tasty cake mix recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!