We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This sinfully good recipe for Whoopie Pies, which are an Amish Pennsylvania Dutch specialty, tastes incredible with a cold glass of milk. With a rich creamy filling sandwiched between two mini chocolate cake rounds, "from scratch" was never easier!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat well. Drop on baking sheets in 2-1/2- to 3-inch circles. Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine milk and flour, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until it forms a thick paste. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar and shortening until fluffy; stir in vanilla extract then add cooled flour mixture and beat until doubled in volume.
- Turn half of the cooled cakes over on their backs. Spoon a dollop of filling onto half of them. Place the other half of the cakes on top of the filling, forming sandwiches.
- Why not try another Amish sweet treat? We've got an easy recipe for a delicious Amish Molasses Oatmeal Pie.
- Looking to make an entire Amish meal? Look no further than our collection of 6 Classic Amish Casserole Recipes!
- Plus, if you're looking to add a bit of festivity to your plate, try out our Holiday Whoopie Pies or Easter Egg Cream Sandwiches.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says you have to go outside to make an amazing BBQ dinner? Not us! With our recipe for Skillet Barbecued Chicken you can cook up a summer favorite...indoors! So, whether it's snowing, raining, or you just don't feel like firing up the grill, this barbecue chicken recipe is just perfect. Trust us, every bite is lip-smackin' good.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk
- Sweet Cherry Thing
- Magical Cream Cheese Recipes: 30 Cream Cheese Desserts
- Very Cherry Lasagna
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- 42 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Buttercream Frosting
- Quick & Easy Dessert Recipes: 500+ Great Dessert Recipes for Any Occasion
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes