Banana Bread Jars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Surprise your neighbors, friends, and loved ones with one of these Banana Bread Jars and they're sure to love you all the more! Because we bake the banana bread right in the jar, this recipe makes for an easy to give and easy to decorate gift!
What You'll Need
- 5 (12-ounce) wide mouth mason jars
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat inside of mason jars with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, water, vanilla, and bananas. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Spoon batter in jars filling each 1/2 way. Place jars on a baking sheet. Do not cover.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Screw on lids while bread is hot. Let cool. Remove lids and shake bread out of jar or eat with a spoon.
- These Banana Bread Jars will keep in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
- This is such a fun and tasty homemade gift idea! You can make these jars look festive by tying decorative ribbons around them.
- If you like this idea, then you've got to check out our collection of Homemade Christmas Gifts in a Jar!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!