Strawberry-Lemon Cream Puff Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's lots of lemony flavor in every bite of this yummy dessert. And because strawberry and lemon make such a great pair we made sure to top our Strawberry-Lemon Cream Puff Cake with lots of fresh strawberries. It's sure to put a smile on everyone's faces.
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce box)
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 (15.75-ounce) can lemon pie filling
- Lemon zest from 1/2 a lemon, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 whole strawberries, with stems removed
What to Do
- Bake puff pastry according to package directions. Allow to cool, then flatten gently.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Equally divide whipped cream into 2 separate bowls.
- In one bowl of whipped cream, add lemon pie filling; mix gently, just until combined. Slowly mix in half the lemon zest. Add sugar to the second bowl of whipped cream, mixing gently.
- Spread lemon mixture over pastry sheet, then evenly spread whipped cream over that.
- Freeze about 4 hours, or until firm. Thaw in refrigerator 2-4 hours before serving. Just before serving, place whole strawberries evenly on top and sprinkle with remaining lemon zest. Cut into squares and serve.
So Many Options!
Not a fan of strawberries? We think this cream puff cake would be just as tasty with loads of fresh blueberries on top, too! Why not give both a try and see which one you like best?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Calories 315
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 79 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 82mg 27 %
- Sodium 117mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 8.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Life gets busy and sometimes, that means we need quick breakfast ideas we can take on-the go. Well, it doesn't get much quicker than our Breakfast in a Mug recipe. You can make this in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Wanna know the best part? You can grab the mug and go! No more excuses to skip the most important meal of the day.