Banana Bread Roll
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
You can count on your whole gang going bananas over this Banana Bread Roll! This easy jelly roll-style banana bread features a cream cheese and vanilla filling that really pairs perfectly with the banana bread. You may want to make two of these!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- chocolate sauce for drizzling
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs 4 to 5 minutes, or until fluffy. Beat in granulated sugar, bananas, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Fold flour mixture into banana mixture until well blended, then pour batter onto baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and invert onto a clean kitchen towel that has been sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. While cake is still hot, roll it up jelly roll-style from the narrow end; cool on a wire rack. When cool, unroll cake and remove towel.
- In a small bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1 cup confectioner's sugar, cream cheese, butter, and remaining vanilla until creamy. Spread over top of cake, then roll it up again. Chill at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with nuts, then cut into 1/2-inch slices.
If you can't get enough of delicious recipes with bananas, then you've got to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.