Caramel Apple Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone's sweet tooth will be satisfied by our Caramel Apple Crisp Recipe! We've given it an extra boost of goodness by throwing in a can of dulce de leche, otherwise known as sweet milk. It bakes up in under an hour, making it the perfect dessert for any occasion!
What You'll Need
- 3 (12-ounce) packages frozen apple chunks
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (13.4-ounce) can dulce de leche spread (see Note)
- 18 crunchy oatmeal cookies with raisins, crushed (about 2 cups crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375degrees. Microwave apples in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 11 minutes or until warm. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon; spoon into a lightly greased shallow 2-quart baking dish. Spoon dulche de leche over apple mixture.
- Combine cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and flour in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, 22 minutes.
Dulce de leche is Spanish for "sweet milk." It's sweetened condensed milk that's been caramelized to a thick and delicious spread. Look for it in the ethnic foods aisle or with other canned milks in the supermarket.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 800
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 31g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 77 %
- Trans Fat 3.2g 0 %
- Protein 10g 21 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 487mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 125g 42 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 76g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While school cafeteria menus changed monthly, there was one item that we knew would be available every Friday - fish sticks. Our Cafeteria Fish Sticks are simple and kid-approved, especially 'cause they're coated with crunchy potato chips and ranch dressing!
Fluffy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Cream Cheese Recipes: 30 Magical Cream Cheese Desserts
Cookie Cake Pie
Banana Bread Roll
Death by Chocolate
Chocolate-Kissed Orange Squares
Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 22 Recipes Using Condensed Milk
Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes