Death by Chocolate
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 35 Min
This was Mr. Food's favorite dessert! Art lived a full, sweet life, and this dessert is representative of just that. There's a reason why Death by Chocolate is the most requested recipe on our site, and Art wouldn't have it any other way. For even more decadently-chocolaty recipes that we love here in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen, try our Candy Bar Brownie Trifle, Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cake, or check our Our 12 Best Chocolate Cake Recipes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (19- to 21-ounce) package brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (see Options)
- 2 (3.9-ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 8 (1.4-ounce) chocolate-covered toffee candy bars (such as Skor or Heath), coarsely crushed
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Preheat oven and bake brownie batter in a 9- x 13-inch baking pan according to package directions; allow to cool completely.
- Use a fork to prick holes in top of cooled brownies; drizzle with coffee liqueur.
- Break up brownies into small pieces. Coarsely crush candy bars in a food processor or by gently tapping the wrapped bars with a hammer. Place half the brownies in bottom of a trifle dish or large glass serving bowl. Cover with half the pudding then one-third of the crushed candy and half the whipped topping. Repeat layers and top with the remaining crushed candy.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Instead of coffee liqueur, you can use a mixture of 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 cup leftover black coffee, or leave out the coffee flavoring entirely. That extra flavor gives it a real wow factor, but it'll still taste just as delicious without it!
- This was one of Art's ("Mr. Food") favorite dessert recipes to share with all of you. Please feel free to share your memories of Mr. Food and any recipes of his that you love to make on our Memorial Page.
- Are you a chocolate fan? Did you love our Death by Chocolate cake recipe? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes. Or you can check out more of our favorite cakes in our free eCookbook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round.
- Get our best chocolate recipes all year long by following us on Pinterest! Check out our board of Dreamy Chocolate Dessert Recipes here and don't forget to repin our Death by Chocolate!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 272
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 40mg 13 %
- Sodium 134mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 24g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you serve this as a snack or a side dish, it's sure to be a hit. Golden and crispy potato wedges pair perfectly with our creamy avocado dip. It's hard not to get addicted to our recipe for Crispy Potato Wedges with California Dip; it's that good.