Chocolate Almond Frozen Bananas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 Hr 45 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
A big favorite of yesterday was frozen bananas. They were sold at the ballpark, on the boardwalk, and even at the corner store. Now see how easy it is to make Chocolate Almond Frozen Bananas right in your own kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 3 large ripe (but firm) bananas
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
What to Do
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper.
- Cut bananas in half crosswise and place a skewer lengthwise through the center (cut side) of each half. When all banana halves are skewered, place on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- After bananas have frozen, place chocolate chips and shortening in a medium-sized glass bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes, just until chips are melted.
- Remove from microwave and mix until smooth. Add almond extract and almonds; mix well.
- Over the bowl of chocolate, hold each banana by the stick and spoon chocolate mixture over, evenly coating it. Allow excess to drip off. Lay again on wax paper and freeze for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Store in resealable plastic storage bags.
If you'd prefer to melt the chocolate on the stovetop, just place the chocolate and shortening in a medium saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring frequently. Do not allow mixture to burn. If wrapped tightly, these bananas can last for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!