The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll feel like you're in the middle of Bourbon Street when you hear the cheers for your New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce. Do it! Make dessert a Mardi Gras!
What You'll Need
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 loaf French bread, broken into pieces (approximately 9 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour milk into a large bowl; add bread, crushing with the back of a spoon, and soak until all milk is absorbed. Add 3 whole eggs, 2 cups sugar, vanilla, and raisins; mix well. Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Before serving, in a medium saucepan, combine the butter, evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar, and egg yolk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in bourbon then serve sauce warm over bread pudding.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 698
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 57 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 13g 25 %
- Cholesterol 141mg 47 %
- Sodium 385mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 118g 39 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6 %
- Sugars 95g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!