Country Style Apple Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Country Style Apple Crisp will make you want to grab a basket full of apples and head straight to the kitchen. We combined the classic flavors of apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg with some surprisingly good additions (corn bread stuffing!) to make this an unforgettable apple crisp recipe.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 8 Granny Smith or other cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the stuffing, butter, orange rind, nuts, spices, and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix the sliced apples, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and water.
- Pour apple mixture into a greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are fork tender and juices are bubbly. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 346
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 19mg 6 %
- Sodium 156mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 39g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!