We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Is it a doughnut or a croissant? Well, it's sort of both! Our Creamy Croughnuts combine the best of both worlds with just 5 easy ingredients! Plus, we stuff ours with pudding to make 'em taste even better. (Hey, are you drooling already?!)
What You'll Need
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (4-ounce) container vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Colored sprinkles for garnish
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil to 325 degrees F. Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Stack 2 rectangles on top of each other, then fold in half width-wise. Repeat with remaining 2 rectangles.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut 1 round from each stack. Using a water bottle cap, cut a small hold in center of each round. Re-roll remaining dough to form third doughnut, cutting out in same way.
- Place doughnuts in oil and fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until deep golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels; let cool.
- Cut doughnuts in half horizontally. Spoon pudding evenly on bottom half of each doughnut. Place top half of doughnut over pudding.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over doughnuts, garnish with sprinkles, and serve.
Feel free to change these up by switching up the pudding filling - chocolate, caramel, or even swirl pudding would be just as good!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 1,042
- Calories from Fat 814
- Total Fat 90g 139 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 83 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 0.8mg 0 %
- Sodium 650mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 34g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.
- Shortcut Chocolate-Glazed Donuts
- Ooey-Gooey Pecan Squares
- Cream Cheese Recipes: 30 Magical Cream Cheese Desserts
- Fat Man's Delight
- Apple Fritters
- Cherry Crumble
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- 68 Make-Ahead Freezable Desserts for the Holidays
- Lemon Pinwheel Rolls
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 22 Recipes Using Condensed Milk