Orchard Pear Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our yummy Orchard Pear Crisp is a warm, fruit-filled dessert that literally shouts "comfort." Serve as is or, with the contrast of vanilla ice cream, it's a flavor combo made in heaven.
What You'll Need
- 4 (15-ounce) cans pears, drained and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat an 8" x 8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine pears, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and caramels; mix well then pour into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, butter, and cream; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over pear mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden.
For an extra fancy touch, make a chocolate lace topping by melting 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Then place melted chocolate in a plastic zipper bag, snip off corner, and squeeze to drizzle over crumb top. Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 350
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 159mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 69g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20 %
- Sugars 51g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!