Pumpkin Doughnut Holes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Versatile canned pumpkin is the secret to loads of favorite autumn and holiday recipes like our to-die-for Pumpkin Doughnut Holes. These easy fritter-like treats cook up fast in a skillet. They're awesome served warm, topped with confectioners sugar.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Drop pumpkin batter by level tablespoonfuls into hot oil and fry 2 minutes or until golden, turning at least once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Roll doughnut holes in confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
We're thinking that mugs of hot caramel apple cider would be the perfect go-along for these tasty morsels!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!