We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Keep your guests refreshed with a dish that some folks refer to as a side dish, while others call it a dessert. Either way, we think you'll love this colorful, sweet, and tasty recipe for Tutti-Frutti Ambrosia.
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and cut in half
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
What to Do
- Place eggs in the top of a double boiler (or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water) and, over medium-low heat, add vinegar and sugar, stirring constantly 5 to 7 minutes, or until mixture is slightly thick and smooth. Remove from heat, stir in butter, and let cool.
- When mixture is cool, fold in whipped topping until well combined, then fold in cherries, pineapple, oranges, marshmallow, and coconut.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and chill, covered, about 4 hours. Serve chilled.
- If you need a fancy dish for a special occasion, pour the mixture into a 2-quart gelatin mold and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, unmold carefully onto a serving platter. If you don't have miniature marshmallows, use regular marshmallows cut into quarters.
- If you like creamy, fruity dishes as much as we do, you must try our Creamy Fruit Cocktail Mold!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!