Amish Harvest Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Amish farm favorite is made from ruby red tomatoes that are bathed in a tangy homemade marinade. Take advantage of your homegrown tomatoes or the ruby red beauties at the market and team this healthy salad with any of your main dishes.
What You'll Need:
- 3 large tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, until sugar is dissolved. Pour over tomato mixture, stir, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
Be sure to check out even more of our favorite Amish recipes in our free eCookbook, Welcome to Amish Country: 16 Easy Amish Recipes from Mr. Food.
Another great veggie side dish? Why, we think you're going to love our classic Green Bean Casserole!
- If you liked this Amish recipe, be sure to try our Amish Beef Barley Soup!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!