Amish Harvest Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Amish farm favorite is made from ruby red tomatoes that are bathed in a tangy homemade marinade. Take advantage of your homegrown tomatoes or the ruby red beauties at the market and team this healthy salad with any of your main dishes.
What You'll Need:
- 3 large tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, until sugar is dissolved. Pour over tomato mixture, stir, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
Be sure to check out even more of our favorite Amish recipes in our free eCookbook, Welcome to Amish Country: 16 Easy Amish Recipes from Mr. Food.
Another great veggie side dish? Why, we think you're going to love our classic Green Bean Casserole!
- If you liked this Amish recipe, be sure to try our Amish Beef Barley Soup!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate Mardi Gras with a New Orleans classic! Beignets are basically fritters, in that they're made from dough that's dropped into hot oil and deep-fried until golden and delicious. Before they're ready to be enjoyed our Mardi Gras Beignets are sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, just like they do in N'awlins!