Garlic Green Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a quickie that's not only a salad, but also a super snack to have on hand. Watch it disappear! I like to add the broccoli stems, also, so I peel them, cut them into 1/2-inch slices, and cook them with the rest of the broccoli. Green beans work well, too - or maybe try a combination of green beans and broccoli.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, or 2 teaspoons bottled chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into medium-sized florets, or 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Grated lemon or lime rind for garnish
What to Do
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Boil or steam the broccoli for 5 to 6 minutes (3 to 4 minutes for frozen broccoli), just until crisp-tender. Plunge the broccoli into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking and to retain its bright green color. Drain well
- Add broccoli to the mayonnaise/sour cream mixture. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with lemon or lime rind.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 167
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.7g 9 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 549mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 2.9g 0 %