Taco Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a main plate salad that'll keep your kitchen cool and your loved ones' tummies full. Our Taco Chicken Salad will satisfy the desire for ever-popular Mexican-style flavor.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons packaged dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 head iceberg or romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Salad dressing
What to Do
In a shallow dish, combine taco seasoning mix, chili powder, and salt; mix well. Dip each thigh into seasoning mixture until evenly coated on all sides.
Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat (See Notes). Cook chicken 15 to 20 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, arrange lettuce, tomatoes, and olives on a serving platter. Slice chicken thighs and place over salad, sprinkle with cheese, and serve with your favorite dressing.
If you don't have a grill pan, don't worry. A regular skillet will work just fine.
If you'd like to serve this with your very own homemade dressing, here's one that'll taste great over this main dish salad!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 419
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24g 37 %
- Saturated Fat 7.5g 37 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 36g 73 %
- Cholesterol 164mg 55 %
- Sodium 1,447mg 60 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18 %
- Sugars 6.7g 0 %