Southwestern Salad Toss
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!
What You'll Need
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- CREAMY CILANTRO DRESSING
- 1 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes, corn, onion, and black beans; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine dressing ingredients; process until smooth.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate any leftover dressing for later use.
Want to try another restaurant-worthy salad that's simple to put together at home? Then try our Bistro Chicken Salad and you might just feel like you're dining in a French Bistro!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 421
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.9g 16 %
- Cholesterol 5.1mg 2 %
- Sodium 405mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.2g 37 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.